Thursday, July 7, 2011

Oh, by the way, I'm not quite dead.

I just realized that I haven't posted anything in .. erm.. *cough* months, now.

So, if any of you fine people do not yak at me on the facebooks, then perhaps you are not in the loop.

I am, as of just about a month ago, employed! I've got a lovely database administrator job in a big tall building where I am nicely compensated for my time and effort, and I am loving my new job to pieces. That is to say, I almost never groan when I have to go to it. (Compared to every other job I have ever had, this one is the best!)

I have a window office, and a salary, and nice benefits, and strangely enjoy SQL development work. I once took a personality test that indicated that I was most likely to enjoy being a.. wait for it.. database administrator. Turns out, that was a pretty good test. I think I even took it online, but it wasn't on OKCupid or a crappy Facebook quiz-app. I want to say it was part of my unemployment benefit red tape at one point.

Anyway, dearest Internet, this is why I've been largely absent. I've been shredding XML instead of the plastic guitar, and hacking out code instead of posts.

I'm willing to bet that if I get tired of my job for some reason (no sign of that happening yet), that I'll start becoming much more prolific in my bizarre rants, but lately things have been pretty low key.

Oh, did I mention that I can pretty much work whatever hours I want to? That's the other best part. It's hard to groan when you have to go to work when you have the option of just sleeping in if you're tired and going in two hours late. Sure, I have to work two hours late if I do that, but nobody minds. AWESOME.

Speaking of awesome, I'm up way past my bedtime, and I'm going to go to sleep so I can let a total stranger put metal things in my mouth tomorrow. I'm pretty sure that means I'm going to the dentist. Or getting my tongue pierced.

No, definitely the dentist, although I'm not really sure which of the two sounds worse right now.

Hello and good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment